Sunday, February 19, 2017

Onyx Webb, Book 8: Episodes 22, 23 & 24

From the Publisher: Haven't Gotten Entangled Yet? Please Start with Book One.
The timelines - the web - is more tightened than ever. Although the connections are clear, suspense reigns as always.

Onyx Webb is a complex multi-genre mash-up that combines elements of supernatural suspense, crime, horror, romance, and more. The Onyx Webb series follows the unusual life of Onyx Webb along with a central group of characters in various locations and times.

The billionaire Mulvaney family, piano prodigy Juniper Cole and her brother Quinn, paranormal show hosts Cryer and Fudge, and a few others make up the core of the series. Written like a book version of your favorite tv series (think: supernatural soap opera like American Horror Story) each character’s story moves forward with most every episode. It may appear that the characters are entirely unrelated and yet episode by episode, the connections will become clearer. Like being an inch away from a spider web, with each book, the web will move further and further away revealing the full story of character and most importantly, the stunning conclusion for Onyx Webb herself.

In Book Eight:
Onyx and Alistar's grandson Noah grow close as they create a "life" together with exciting new projects.
The Mulvaney mansion is crawling with ghosts as a big event looms.
Stan Lee continue to make mistakes without consequences, for now.

My Review: Whoa! Actually, I'm going to go ahead and upgrade that to a triple whoa!!! Please tell me you have started reading this absolutely entangling series. If you haven't, STOP HERE and start with Book One. You do NOT want to have the lead up to this book ruined for you.

As I've said in my other recent reviews of Onyx, I do not want to give away any of the book because at this point I feel you really need to feel the emotions and experience the "whaaaa?!" moments for yourself. Trust me, you won't be disappointed. But what I can tell you, even though it's very little (don't hate me) is that we see Stan slipping further from his put-together self and start making little mistakes here and there. I totally had my fingers crossed he'd be offed in this book...but not before taking care of Mika. Too much? I'm horrible. It's truly the work of good authors when the reader absolutely cannot stand a character. Or in this case, I actually have a couple I'd like Stan to get rid of before he passes on to the eternity that awaits him. Hopefully...

Again, too much?

Delcan is getting worse. I hate that because his story has been so interesting to see unfold. The Onyx and Noah situation is getting very interesting! I can't wait to see how that is going to play out. We didn't see much of Robyn in this book. But, there's another book for her and Koda to reconnect! Speaking of reconnecting, there is a big party at the Mulvaney mansion that's sure to bring some pretty scary guests to the mix!

As always, there is oh, so much more I could add but I truly don't want to spoil it! I cannot wait for Book Nine!! Fingers crossed we won't have to wait too much longer.    

To purchase on Amazon, click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment