Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Dark Secret Love: A Story of Submission by Alison Tyler

From the Publisher: Dark Secret Love is a modern-day Story of O, a 9 1/2 Weeks-style journey fueled by lust, longing and the search for true love. Inspired by her BDSM lifestyle and based on her private diaries, Tyler draws on her twenty-five years' experience penning sultry stories to create a scorchingly hot work of autobiographical fiction, a meta-novel with reality at the core.

My Review: First let me start by saying, Erotica is one of my guilty pleasures. I absolutely love it. Most people (women, to be specific) will judge others for liking it by saying "it's filth!" or "how could you read that stuff??" Well, all I have to say is, they must not have read the right book ;)

When I was asked to read and review this novel, I was excited. Honestly, I've never heard of this author so I was anxious to receive the book and get to reading! If you have read 50 Shades, it's kinda like that but not. Does that make sense? Let me explain. It has the love story, the sex, the bondage, the pain but what this has that 50 Shades didn't was the feeling that this wasn't too far fetched. Don't get me wrong, I really liked 50 Shades...it's what got me hooked on Erotica. But when I finished the books, I knew it was a work of fiction. It felt like fiction. Dark Secret Love has none of that feeling! I guess it's partly, and mostly because it's pretty much taken from Alison Tyler's life. She writes from her own experiences and feelings. It's a very REAL feel that you don't have with the majority of books, Erotica or otherwise.

On to the book! Samantha, Sam for short, learns at a fairly young age (high school) that she has a need that most other women probably don't have. She likes to feel pain. Without it, she gets no pleasure from sex. She doesn't know why this is and feels it makes her weird and others will think she is nuts for wanting it.

So, she meets a guy while she's in high school, and he's obviously older than her but he knows what she wants without her even saying it. In her words "Some men just know." And he knew. His name was Brock and it didn't take long for him to fulfill Sam's wants and needs.

After Brock, there were other men. One of which she gets engaged to but he turns out to be not at all what Samantha thought. After him, she has flings with others until finally meeting a man who knows her better than she knows herself! The only thing is, she's scared. But scared of what? You have to buy the book to find out :)

I don't want to give too much of the story away. It's too good to give all the juicy stuff on a blog!!

As I said in the beginning, I was anxious to read this. Now that I have, I have to say it was more than I thought it would be. Be advised that this book is detailed and has mature content. Not that you would read this as a bedtime story to your child, but I just wanted to put it out there so if you are a parent, don't leave this book sitting out for your 5th grader to pick up. Unless you want to be explaining why the mean man is whipping the nice lady with a cane!! ;) You can order the book by clicking the link below.

                                                    **** 4 stars I really liked this book!

No comments:

Post a Comment